Have you been saving old furniture and kids’ clothing for the annual WHNA Yard Sale? Now’s your chance to clean out the basement OR to collect your neighbors’ treasures! Amvets is scheduled to pick up donations afterward. No rain date is planned. Anyone who wants to participate, text or call Louise Freedman, (804) 477-4064 with Name, Street address, Phone and Email (only street address will be used for advertising). Ads will be placed to promote the event. Volunteers and suggestions welcomed.
It’s here again! Our annual neighborhood-wide Spring Clean-Up on Saturday, May 12th starting at 8:00 am. The City of Richmond provides the trucks and drivers, so that WHNA volunteers can follow behind and “hoist in” discarded household furnishings, yard debris, and other items from either in the alley or in the street in front of homes without alleys.
Please email Robert Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 231-0629 to volunteer for the WHNA general clean-up project.
Join friends and neighbors for our biggest and most fun event of the year — the WHNA Annual Picnic! This year is extra special because we are celebrating the 40th anniversary of the WHNA. Come on down to the corner of New Kent and Prince Arthur Road on Saturday, May 19th at from 4-7pm for food, drinks, music, and lots of family fun!
Tickets are discounted for WHNA members and you can purchase them by going to https://westover-hills.org/picnic/
Hi neighbors – just a quick reminder that NOW is a great time to join the WHNA or to renew your membership. Annual membership dues are STILL only $15 per household, and help support meetings, events, and projects in your community. Here’s just a sample of the great stuff your neighborhood association does during the year:
- Yards of the Month awards (Spring & Summer)
- House Tour (bi-annual in the Spring)
- Neighborhood Clean-up Days (Spring & Fall)
- Yard Sale (April)
- Neighborhood Picnic (May)
- Fourth of July Children’s Parade
- Fourth of July closing of Riverside Drive for Dogwood Dell fireworks
- Holiday Decorations Contest (December)
Thanks to everyone who has already joined/renewed! We’re just about to send out a second reminder through snail mail, so you save us a stamp by going right here TODAY:
This family-friendly neighborhood 5K showcases what is best about our neighborhood – the outdoor opportunities! Our course follows the rolling hills and side streets of the Forest Hill Neighborhood and Forest Hill Park. There will be prizes for fastest man, woman, kiddos and doggy. Strollers and walkers are welcome.
Event details and schedule
- Who: Forest Hill Neighborhood Association
- What: Run for the Hills! 5K
- When: 9am Sunday, March 18, 2018 (registration opens at 8am)
- Where: Beautiful Forest Hill Park and the adjacent neighborhood. Registration, Start, and finish line are at the Stone House — corner of Forest Hill Ave and 41st St
- Why: All proceeds support great neighborhood events, like Music in the Park and the 43rd Street Festival, and neighborhood schools, libraries, civic organizations, and groups that work to make Forest Hill Park and our community truly wonderful.
- $25 online, now until Sunday, March 11th at midnight. T-shirt included with online registration.
- $28 walk-up, Saturday, March 17, from 9:00am to noon and Sunday, March 18, from 8:00 to 8:45am (run begins at 9am) at the Stone House. Limited supply of t-shirts for walk-up registration.
Prizes awarded to first male and female adult, male and female youngster, and canine to cross the finish line.