WHO: Department of Public Works, Clean City Commission, Department of Public Utilities (Stormwater Utility) and New Generations Federal Credit Union
WHAT: Richmond Recycle Day to include paper shredding, biodegradable lawn and leaf bag give-away and the collection of pesticides, herbicides and oil-based paints
WHEN: Saturday, September 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: 1710 Robin Hood Road (northeast corner of Robin Hood Road and North Boulevard at the Recycling Center) – NEW LOCATION
BACKGROUND: The City of Richmond’s Recycle Day offers City residents an efficient option to recycle paper and to help keep hazardous waste materials out of city waterways, streams and rivers. This free event is available to city residents – proof of residency is required. Electronics will not be collected.
- Document Shredding
- Up to five (5) boxes of documents. Be sure to remove all binders, staples and clips.
- Recycle Bins
- Clean up and drop off your small curbside recycle bins for reuse in city schools
- Biodegradable Lawn and Leaf Bag Give-Away (proof of residency is required)
- City residents will be given up to 10 bags for leaf disposal while supplies last
- Pesticides, Herbicides and Oil-based Paints
- Bug spray, rodent poison and herbicides (roundup, Weed B Gon etc.)
Send inquiries to Gay.Stokes@Richmondgov.com or call 646-0177
Note: Latex and water-based paints will not be collected. These items can be left in open paint cans until they have dried out and then put in with regular curbside trash pick-up